Haber’s Export Agency was incorporated on December 18, 1944. In January of 1945 the officers of Haber’s first met at their offices on East 41st Street in Manhattan, New York. Rudolf and Christina Haber ran a very successful business importing Mica and other raw materials to the US from overseas.
The company moved their offices to New Jersey in the early 1950s. Throughout the 1950s and 1960s, Habers continued to be a successful importer of raw materials to the United States, also forming a partnership with Henssgen GMbh in the 1960s as an agent for their quality snaps and rigging hardware.
Rudolf and Christina’s daughter, Eleanor “Ellie” Haber Shaw, and her husband Robert “Bob” C. Shaw became involved in the business during the late 1960s. Bob Shaw travelled extensively throughout the United States, Europe, and the world, seeking new product lines as well as servicing existing customers.
In early 1973, Habers formed an agreement with Herm Sprenger. Habers would carry the Herm Sprenger line of riding sports equipment as well as pet supplies, including primarily dog chain and training collars to the U.S. markets.
Habers has been the US representative for Herm Sprenger products, now primarily the Dog Product line, for 40 years.
Over the next twenty years, Habers Exports was successful in representing their clients and operating a business during some challenging and lucrative financial times in the U.S. markets.
Ellie ran the company and played a vital role in its success until January 5, 2000, when Ron and Nancy Shaw purchased the company and became the second generation to operate the business and carry it into the 21st century.
In 2012, Ron & Nancy’s daughter, Rachel Shaw Novak joined the company. She purchased Haber’s in December of 2013. Rachel continues the family tradition, working closely with Herm Sprenger. She lives in Queensbury, New York, with her husband and two boys, and of course their lovable yellow lab, Dudley.